When we founded Vanaprastha in 1999, we started with the villages activities described below. Besides a lot of individual support, our village activities consist of a child welfare program named SAKE (Save A Kid Educating) and of medical camps we organize in the villages. With SAKE, as of now, we take care of 300 children in the different surrounding villages of Vanaprastha. The basic principle is to help a child in his/her integral growth, while the child stays with its family. Due to our support many poor children are able to complete their school education and succeed in leading an independent life.
We are committed to
- Visiting the houses of our children
- Ensuring good health of our children
- Motivating parents to educate our children
- Providing the opportunity to go to a standard school
- Visiting the schools of our children and coordinating with their teachers
- Encouraging those special talents in our children
- Counseling when and where required
We regularly conduct medical camps in all the eighteen villages around us. On Sundays, Dr. Nithin K. Cheriyan with his medical team provides medical care free of charge to the village people, mostly to children, women and elderly. From time to time, we additionally conduct eye-camps and dental-camps.